Thursday, March 25, 2010

[Wo]Man on the Moon

I know I've once again neglected y'all from the haps in my life, but I'd say that 2010 has been a change, and as always- for the better, I'm an optimistic person so it's rather difficult to find that in any situation that I'm in is 'not' an opportunity to learn, to grow, and to live and make the most of anything... (at least I'd hope this much is true about myself...)

So, change! That has been the motto and what EXACTLY has been THE most drastic change in my life? Well, I've entered into the restaurant business and found myself in an Executive Assistant position for a restauranteur and boy must I admit that- although working as a Marketing Manager for the last 2 years was 'comfortable,' I wouldn't say that I was the happiest person. I will admit that landing a job even before I complete my bachelor's degree was fulfilling, however, it eventually was a drag. I couldn't imagine dragging my feet day in and day out for the next XX years doing what I did. I felt handicapped in my creativity and I am glad that I got the experience, however, I am even happier to close the door behind me and walk forward to the future. An opportunity arose for me to BE the person that I've always wanted to be. I'd tell you what it is, but in all honesty there's not quite a true job description for it because I'm creating it as the days pass and fulfilling opportunities where I feel fitting. Seems like a dream job huh? Well I'd say so, I'm pretty happy where I'm at.

A lot of times when I land a job or even get a new job, one of the initial questions are, how much is it paying? Personally, I've never been a person to define or associate myself with money or material things (although I do believe it is a part of living, but that's aside from the point) so although I'm not making bangin' bucks with this new job, I do see and believe in the potential with the company and most of all, nothing can truly replace the happiness that I have when I go into work day in and day out.

Ultimately, what I wanted to share with you with this blog is that there is that dream job, there is a job for you to still be who you are and not feel handicapped with rules or judgments from others. Find it in yourself to find it, to fetch for it, attract that energy and it WILL come. There will always be sacrifice, but keep the hope and the faith, and soon enough, fate will be knockin' at your door. I constantly look around myself for inspiration and although there are many in my life, one of the biggest inspirations in my life (right now) is Kid Cudi- I can absolutely listen to his recent album, Man on the Moon from beginning to end, over and over and over again. But the greatest inspiration that I found in his soundtrack is 'Cudder's Anthem:


Long before we know ourselves,
Our paths are already set in stone.
Some may never figure out their purpose in life,
And some will.
There are a lot of us who are caught up in this hell we all live in,
Content with being blinded by rules and judgment.
We live in a world where it's more okay to follow than to lead.
In this world being a leader is trouble for the system we are all accustomed to.
Being a leader in this day and age is being a threat.
Not many people stood up against the system we all call life,
But toward the end of our first ten years into the millennium we heard a voice.
A voice who was speaking to us from the underground for some time.
A voice who spoke of vulnerabilities and other human emotions and issues never before heard so vividly and honest.
This is the story of a young man who not only believed in himself,
But his dreams too.
This is the story of The [Wo]Man On The Moon.

This album is put together so well, so thought out from beginning to end, it truly defines the artist in Kid Cudi. It is a work of art that I admire so much! From this anthem it jump starts from low, earthly feelings onto an emotional roller coaster of feelings for life, love, happiness, struggle and everything between, then ends with being the man on the moon- untouchable! And I could relate, my search for endless happiness and humility will take me to the greatest places in this life, hence, I've dubbed myself, the [Wo]Man on the Moon, thank you Scott Mes'Cudi'

I dare you to feel the energy and pass it on!

1 comment:

  1. my dream job would be gymrestaurant owner by day...mixtape dj/musician by night...haha...best of both worlds...

    not quite the comment i left last night while in my emo state...but something that came to mind...haha

    ReplyDelete