Sunday, March 28, 2010

'it' all comes from the same place...

My last post was about how I've come to justify that my passion and happiness in my work is in the best interest for myself and those around me (who would want to be around someone that hates their job and hates their life...it's just miserable and I'm not one to live in misery). As most of you will know, one of my greatest mentors is Jay-Z (haha yes I said mentor because I feel like he's speaking to ME LOL) and it's because I admire him for how he envisions hip hop culture and the music industry. He states that we relate to music because 'music comes from the same place,' whether it be country, rock, rap, etc. and overall, that's what I see for my 'work.' I am doing my work with passion and belief that I am the best at what I can do (still learning, but great at doing and learning). I could keep going but.... ultimately, I came across this video and D.Clinch did a great job of crunching a 15 minute documentary of Jay-Z and his work and I truly believe that it is the path that I am taking...

No comments:

Post a Comment